Monday, July 14, 2008

Respect money, respect time: Stay Punctual

YEC meeting normally are informed in advanced to committees and members. However, there are some percentages of them getting late although I have been chairing this meeting for almost half a year. The situation is better than six months ago because I stressed the importance of being punctual. Being punctual is a key to business. It definitely creates a good impression to others.

It annoys me so much whenever the meeting is on going, one person will knock the door and walk in, then the next. It’s wasting my time and disrupting others who want to listen. Sometimes, I wonder whether they are the chairperson or volunteers to chair this meeting. My time is valuable and if I could spend some time talking to you, why not you be more self-disciplined?

I definitely not in the mood of scolding someone, but it definitely spoiled my morning, for a bit. 5-15 minutes is still acceptable, waiting for lift, finding parking or even traffic jam can hold you up. However, a half hour delay can be bad for your business and is not a minor detail that I can just forget about. I’m sure you get impatience whenever you browsing the net and the page are loading, and that’s only a few seconds.

Taking things easy does not mean I should allocate an extra hour for you to make an appearance or show up at all.

Tips for being on time:
*Rethink the meaning of “on time” – Arrives early
*Understand the importance of being on time – You get promotions
*Get sufficient sleep
*Give yourself a realistic amount of time to dress up and grooming
*Know when you need to be at your destination.
*Set your clock forward by 15 -30 minutes. (My choice, it works!)

by Jesly- president of YEC